If you are on the Xbox Preview Program then you will see that there is an update for your Xbox One controllers, more info on the updates and how to update your controller are below.
– Quick Connect – previous controller connections to an Xbox One took 4-5 seconds when powering on a controller, now they should occur in ~2 seconds
– Stability improvements – the firmware also provides a number of fixes that address issues submitted by customers and preview participants
To update your controller firmware:
– Connect a controller to your Xbox One with a USB cable. Keep any headsets connected to the controller.
– Connect to Xbox Live.
– Press the Menu
– Go to Settings > Devices & accessories. Select the controller.
– If you have multiple controllers attached, you can select Buzz – which will cause the selected controller to vibrate.
– Then select Update to download the new firmware to the controller attached via the USB cable, and the screen will show the Updating controller … progress screen
– When you see the Controller updated screen, press ‘B’ to go back to the Devices & accessories main page
– Reselect the controller, the Firmware version, should now be: 1.2.2236.0