Deep Silver has announced via press release that Metro: Last Light has enjoyed a stunning first week of sales, significantly outselling its predecessor Metro 2033 over the same launch period, and earning stellar reviews from the gaming media on all three platforms.
- On Windows PC, the game more than tripled Metro 2033’s worldwide sales over the same opening week period
- In the US, Metro: Last Light sold through more boxed units in its first week of sale than Metro 2033 has managed lifetime to date
- Across all formats worldwide, Metro: Last Light has sold more units in its first week of sale than Metro 2033 managed in 3 months
- Metro: Last Light has shot to #1 in the weekly charts in multiple European territories including Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, and also in the UK, where publisher Deep Silver recorded their fourth straight week at number 1
- Metro: Last Light has garnered praise from players and critics alike, with all three formats enjoying a Metacritic score of 80+ and a slew of 9 / 10 reviews from ThisisXbox, GameSpot, Joystiq, The Escapist and more.
“Metro: Last Light is Deep Silver’s most critically acclaimed game to date,” said Menno van der Bil, International Commercial Director at Deep Silver. “We are delighted with the deserved critical and commercial success the game has achieved, and hope that this success represents a statement of intent for future quality titles from Deep Silver. We would like to thank 4A Games for their talent, passion and commitment in helping us reach this milestone.”
“4A Games are honoured by the reception our latest project has received,” said Andrew Prokhorov, Creative Director at 4A Games. “We are a small but dedicated team who are lucky to have been given the creative freedom and support to make the kind of experience we dream, as gamers, of playing. Our work on Metro: Last Light continues with new single player DLC, and we look forward to revealing future projects from the team. We want to thank all the Metro fans for support we have received.”
Deep Silver announced earlier this week that 4A Games will support Metro: Last Light with a series of original single player content packs throughout the summer. Metro fans can pre-purchase all future DLC at a discount with the Season Pass, now available on Xbox Live for 1200 Microsoft Points. The Season Pass also grants an additional weapon, the deadly Abzats, a semi-automatic shotgun rifle with a devastating secondary fire mode that unleashes six shells in one blast.