Today Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts have announced that they will be holding two technical tests for Titanfall 2 over the coming weekends. These technical tests will allow fans to get their hands on some of the new features and content within the game whilst helping the team at Respawn to test the backend server infrastructure before the official game launch on October 28th.
Testing will start this Friday, August 19th – 21st and will include two multiplayer modes over two new maps. The modes and maps are as follows;
- Bounty Hunt (5v5): A brand new mode that pits Pilots and their teammates against an opposing team as well as the Remnant Fleet. Earn bonuses by killing grunts and enemies, but make sure and deposit all your points at the bank between waves without getting killed.
- Pilots vs. Pilots (8v8): Players can be the best Pilot on the Frontier and put their combat and mobility skills to the ultimate test in this classic 8 vs 8 Pilots only mode.
- Boomtown: A secret underground IMC facility where the latest in R&D is put to the test. In this facility Pilots can use the many peaked roofs to use as cover against combatants below. With tight lanes through the middle, Titans can also be easily ambushed.
- Homestead: The IMC have claimed Imminent Domain on a small commune’s plot of land. With a series of raised, rocky plateaus and a river running down the middle, Pilots are mostly safe from Titans among the rocks and trees but they also can duck into the caves and building when needed. However, the Titans control the large rolling fields
The second technical test will then be held the following weekend, August 26th – 28th and will include all the content from the previous weekend but will also include another brand new mode and map. Details on the new mode and map are as follows;
- Amped Hardpoint (6v6): A new twist on Hardpoint Domination from the original game; now defending a Hardpoint will let you amp it, giving your team double score. Team work is the key to securing victory.
- Forward Base Kodai: Militia forces have taken over an IMC substation and set up a forward operating base. Pilots can find safety from Titans in the hallways and chambers of the main building, while Titans can walk over the roof to get a better view of the action.
So that’s the maps and modes but what about the Titans themselves? During the technical tests all players will have access to two brand new Titans: Ion and Scorch and several Pilot technical abilities including Grapple, Holo Point and Pulse Blade will be available. Also a variety of deadly weapons will be available to try out including the Alternator, a dual-barrel SMG and the Mastiff, a horizontal spread shotgun.
So the question is how do you take part in the technical tests?
- Turn on your Xbox One and log in to your Xbox Live account.
- Go to the Xbox One Store, select “Games,” then select “Search All Games.”
- In the search field, type in “Titanfall 2”
- Select “Titanfall 2 Multiplayer Tech Test” from the search results and then click “Download.”
- Once the download and installation process is complete, click “Start” to begin.
For further information about the technical tests then check out the official Titanfall 2 Website, otherwise we will see you on the battlefield pilot. Prepare for Titanfall.